Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gee Willikers

It's nice to be back. 

After a longgggggg long period of too much to do, I finally find myself with some time on my hands. I'm sure it won't last.

But while we're on the subject, I thought I would take some of this strange, new "free" time to share a few of the projects I've been working on.

For our annual company-wide meeting, Summit, the Marketing Department has an insane amount of work to do behind the scenes. Along with the Summit Committee, we took on extra work way outside of our day-jobs' purview. From place cards to t-shirts, & silly putty packaging to tablescapes, we add all kinds of fun to our portfolios & a depth of understanding for a much MUCH wider range of projects. Did I mention the 6-foot tall sheet metal cut out?



Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

The Summit Committee & volunteers rolled, tied, & tagged 300 t-shirts the Thursday night before the event. The back of the shirt was designed to utilize the space to thank sponsors. For a close-up of the front of the design, click here.


Aint nobody got time for that.

I always thought (God-willing) someday, I'll do my own wedding shit. Thankfully, I learned with this event EARLY (like, years before engagement early) that there's no way in hell I'll be making my own tissue paper garland or arranging my own flowers (hellooo allergies!). For centerpieces, we collected recycled wine bottles from fellow employees. Committee members & volunteers soaked & cleaned the old labels off so that we could add our own custom labels. 6 different labels were created overall (see bottom left image above). We also designed 5 different commemorative coasters to add a cheeky element to the table. These were printed front & back. For closeups, click here. These were printed on cotton paper & took on a unique, vintage feel. The place cards had a fun backgammon-esque pattern & used 2 different typefaces. The overall effect was charming, retro, & perfectly on theme.


Everyone loves swag.

This is just a glimpse into the goodie boxes that were at every seat Saturday morning as the day began. The black boxes were 7 by 7 inches & the perfect size to hold all of the event swag we got to design! There were 2 different square notepads (see bottom right image with orange outline), an alien stress-squeeze (Take me to your Provider), a boogie-bot (see him in action in the video below), some obviously sweet stunner shades (yes, you can see through them), a color-changing cup that reacts to temperatures, silver silly putty, branded headphones, & more. We even utilized a mixture of silver tinsel, blue crinkle paper, & recycled, shredded old collateral to stuff the boxes with (we're so green). They were extremely cute & full of fun. A great way to start off Summit 2013!





Last but not least

We had a lot of amazing things at Summit 2013, but the agenda (bottom left images, turquoise outlines) was definitely an innovative piece showcasing a message from our CEO, a QR code that led to a surprise (more on that another day), & the outline for the weekend. As you can see, it also utilized a FOIL STAMP (see also: designer's wildest dreams). The Summit badges (bottom right, orange outline) were a fun identifier that also encouraged social media interaction. Bonus: my new & improved title "Artist, Ruler of Social Media + Space Cats". The top right image was a series of easel backs created to educate employees about our new social media initiatives, & also give a brief overview of each medium (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, & Twitter) for those select few who are still somehow in the dark. To get the full program experience, check out my vine video below:





& here's co-worker // partner in crime (JazzFest here we come!) Sarah & I with the giant robot!

Thanks for hanging around in my absence & stay tuned for more fun things to come! (DIY embellished festival shorts anyone!?)


No comments:

Post a Comment